Authors of papers selected for podium presentations must submit manuscripts by the deadline in order to be considered for the AAHKS Awards.
- Paper presentation at the AAHKS Annual Meeting
- $1,000 honorarium to the investigator
- Award plaque for the Rand Award given to the presenting and senior author
- Award plaques for the Dorr and Clinical Awards given to the presenters
- Award certificates for the co-authors
- Waiver of meeting registration fee
- Manuscript submission to The Journal of Arthroplasty for publication consideration with acknowledgement of the Award
The Lawrence D. Dorr Surgical Techniques & Technologies Award
The Award for Advancements in Surgical Techniques and Technologies was established in honor of Lawrence D. Dorr, MD, a founding member and past president of AAHKS. The purpose of the Award is to instill continuing interest in surgical innovation and new techniques within reconstructive surgery. The most outstanding paper that embodies Dr. Dorr’s commitment to the highest standards of orthopaedic knowledge will be selected for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
The James A. Rand Young Investigators Award
To be eligible, the young researcher must be the principal investigator of the research submitted and less than five years in active practice from the date of application. Research must be knee-related.
The AAHKS Clinical Research Award
The Clinical Research Award is given in recognition of an outstanding clinical paper in the field of hip and knee arthroplasty.